Monday, December 28, 2009

How do I add alt text to images (I don't have Photoshop; I use paint.net for editing images usu

I'm editing a myspace page for a friend of mine who is visually impaired. I've uploaded several photos but don't know how to add any alternative text. We both want to make our myspace pages more accessible to people using JAWS or other screen-reading software. I've been searching on Google but so far haven't found any instructions that I can understand.



How do I add alt text to images (I don't have Photoshop; I use paint.net for editing images usually)?

You don't add the alt text when you edit the picture, you do it in the HTML when you're adding the picture to your page.



So where you would usually do:



%26lt;img src="http//here.is.my.image/image.jpg"%26gt;



you just add the alt text:



%26lt;img src="http//here.is.my.image/image.jpg" alt="Here is my alt text."%26gt;



How do I add alt text to images (I don't have Photoshop; I use paint.net for editing images usually)?

here is the code format



%26lt;img src="www.server.com/image.jpg" alt="The alternate text you wanted" /%26gt;

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
tvs